By Brad Hummel on January 5, 2023 at 9:00 AM
If you are considering a new curriculum for one or more courses in your high school CTE business education program, you may wonder if eDynamic Learning or iCEV would be a better fit for your students.
While iCEV does offer a comprehensive high school business curriculum, it isn't the right fit for everyone.
In this article, we'll consider the main similarities and differences between eDynamic Learning and iCEV. Specifically, you'll learn about:
- The standards each can meet
- The courses available for high school business
- The type of curriculum resources available
- The price of each option
After reading, you'll have a better idea of what each curriculum offers to decide what is the best fit for your program’s needs.
What Are Edynamic Learning and iCEV?
Unlike a traditional textbook, both providers offer their curriculum through a digital system. Delivering content digitally allows each to continually update existing curriculum options while providing new course content at any time.
1. What Business Education Standards Can You Meet with eDynamic Learning and iCEV?
For high school business education, both organizations create courses designed around state and national standards. However, each provider differs in what business subjects they cover and which topics are available to CTE programs.
What Standards Can You Meet with eDynamic Learning?
eDynamic learning doesn't list any specific alignments on its website.
However, their courses may still satisfy your state and national standards. You'll need to contact them to see if specific courses meet standards in your state.
What Standards Can You Meet with iCEV?
iCEV creates its business education curriculum based on the standards established by the National Business Education Association (NBEA).
Building a curriculum around these nationally-recognized standards allows educators to have a cohesive curriculum experience throughout the business management and administration CTE pathway.
In addition, the iCEV curriculum directly aligns with course standards in many states. If you are interested in a specific alignment for your state, you can contact the iCEV team.
2. What High School Business Courses Are Available?
eDynamic Learning and iCEV offer a broad selection of high school business courses. However, there are some significant differences in the content available from each provider and each provider’s overall instructional focus.
Below, you’ll discover the specific courses available from both providers.
What Courses Does eDynamic Learning Offer?
On the whole, eDynamic learning offers a higher number of high school business courses than iCEV.
However, many of these courses are specific to a particular application or skill, such as Microsoft Excel or Professional Communication. This means you may have to purchase more courses to cover your CTE program's curriculum needs.
Business pathway courses available from eDynamic Learning include:
- Business Communications 1a: Introduction
- Business Communications 1b: Listen, Speak, & Write in the Workplace
- Business Information Management 1a: Introduction
- Business Information Management 1b: Data Essentials
- Business Law 1a: Introduction
- Business Law 1b: Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Ownership 1a: Introduction
- Business Ownership 1b: Reach for the Stars
- Digital Design 1a: Introduction
- Digital Design 1b: Express Your Ideas Visually
- Entrepreneurship 1a: Introduction
- Entrepreneurship 1b: Make Your Idea a Reality
- Human Resource Management 1a: Introduction
- Human Resource Management 1b: People & Performance
- International Business: Global Commerce in the 21st Century
- Legal Admin Specialist 1a: Introduction
- Legal Admin Specialist 1b: Taking Care of the Legal Office
- Management 1a: Introduction
- Management 1b: Insight & Oversight
- Medical Office Administration 1a: Introduction
- Medical Office Administration 1b: Vital to the Front Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Office Administration 1a: Introduction
- Office Administration 1b: Running the Office
- Principles of Business, Marketing, and Finance 1a: Introduction
- Principles of Business, Marketing, and Finance 1b: Targeting Your Business Insight
- Professional Sales and Promotion 1a: Introduction
- Professional Sales and Promotion 1b: Secrets of Sales Success
- Professional Communication
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing 1a: Introduction
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing 1b: Promoting the Main Event
eDynamic Learning’s wide selection of courses provides many options for teachers in the business management and administration pathway. However, since most of their content is divided into separate classes, it’s more challenging to find a single, encompassing course that covers everything you need for a particular high school business class.
What Courses Does iCEV Offer?
In general, iCEV courses are designed around broader course areas to teach students a series of related skills. For example, iCEV offers a single course in Business Law instead of two separate courses on law and two on becoming a legal administrative specialist.
iCEV also includes comprehensive courses in Accounting, which eDynamic Learning does not cover, and specialty courses on subjects like Fashion Marketing and Social Media Marketing for students who want specific training in these areas.
Business education courses available from iCEV include:
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Advanced Business Computer Applications
- Advanced Marketing
- Business Computer Applications
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Digital Media
- Fashion Marketing
- Graphic Design and Illustration
- Human Resources Management
- Introduction to Business and Marketing
- Personal Finance
- Practicum in Marketing
- Principles of Art, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Principles of Information Technology
- Professional Communications
- Public Speaking
- Social Media Marketing
- Retailing and E-tailing
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Ultimately, you'll need to decide which courses best suit your students' instructional needs. When both eDynamic Learning and iCEV offer a similar course, a free trial can help you decide which is the best fit for your learners.
3. What Curriculum Materials and Features Are Available with Each?
As digital curriculum providers, eDynamic Learning and iCEV offer diverse curriculum materials and instructional features to help teachers and their students. The types of materials available will vary depending on the subject area but are designed to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience.
What Curriculum Materials Are Available with eDynamic Learning?
eDynamic Learning offers a selection of features within its curriculum designed to engage students better through varying instructional styles.
Specifically, you can expect to find the following:
- Personal curriculum narratives
- Reflective discussion assignments
- Course lab activities
- Contemporary graphics
- Support toolbar, including translation capabilities
- Balanced reading level
- Interactive features, including slideshows and diagrams
- Formative and summative assessments
- Professional audio narrations
- Videos with closed captioning
Collectively, these features emphasize active over passive learning and improve the student experience through interactive elements.
What Curriculum Materials Are Available with iCEV?
With iCEV, teachers can expect to find a curriculum designed around their students’ learning needs but with features designed to make things easier for educators.
Specific features of the iCEV curriculum include:
- Ability to implement versatile learning models, including blended learning and flipped classroom
- Seamlessly integrated multimedia content in every lesson
- First-hand accounts from industry experts to connect with students
- Real-world projects and activities
- Interactive coursework
- Formative and summative assessments
- Automatic grading tools
- Ability to provide instant feedback and track student and class progress
The iCEV curriculum features create an immersive, multimedia-driven experience for learners that allows them to hear from business experts and complete projects relevant to their future careers.
4. How Much Do eDynamic Learning and iCEV Cost?
The price you will pay for eDynamic Learning or iCEV will vary depending on factors like the size of your school, the number of students in your class, and the curriculum materials you want to access.
In addition, there are a few other differences between how eDynamic Learning and iCEV price their curriculum solutions.
How Much Does eDynamic Learning Cost?
eDynamic Learning prices its curriculum on a per-course basis. This means you only pay for the specific courses you need as part of your CTE program.
However, you may require content from more than one eDynamic Learning course to meet your course standards. For example, suppose you need to cover multiple Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Access) in a single business class. In that case, you’ll need to purchase the course for each application separately.
You’ll need to ensure that each course's content meets all your standards before committing to a particular set of classes.
How Much Does iCEV Cost?
iCEV prices its curriculum based on a teacher license for a specific subject area, with the additional option of purchasing student licenses. This means a high school business teacher would receive access to the entire iCEV business education curriculum with a single license, and each student would be able to access the whole curriculum with a unique student license.
While some iCEV subject areas are separated into multiple courses, such as Accounting I and II and Advanced Marketing and Marketing Practicum, teachers don’t need to purchase a separate license to teach both classes.
Your final cost will depend on the number of teacher and student licenses you need for your classroom or program.
Which Is the Best High School Business Curriculum for Your Program?
In this article, you've found some key similarities and differences between eDynamic Learning and iCEV for high school business curriculum. Ultimately, either one of these curriculum publishers can provide your CTE students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed.
Depending on the content you wish to cover, and how directly each course aligns with your standards, you may favor iCEV or eDynamic Learning for your program.
However, the best way to understand if a curriculum suits your students is to try it out for yourself in your classroom.
When you sign up for a free trial of iCEV, you get full access to the entire high school business curriculum library, allowing you to try content from different courses with your students so you can choose what's best for them.